Check back often for Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates and resources.
Please contact our team at (440) 285-3568 with any questions you may have, regardless of location of services.
12557 Ravenwood Drive, Chardon:
M-Th 8am to 6pm
Fri 8am to 5pm
16030 East High Street, Middlefield:
M 8am to 6pm
Th 8am to 6pm
695 South Street, Chardon:
Closed. Telehealth appointments only.
8251 Mayfield Road, Suite 105, Chesterland:
Closed. Telehealth appointments only.
Ravenwood Health is accepting new clients during this unprecedented time, and also continuing to support our current community.
Telehealth services are encouraged.
Our COPELINE is still available to call 24/7/365 at (440) 285-5665.
We will be having presentations for the community to keep everyone updated and provide resources during this tough time.
Check out the Community Presentations here.
As you know the State of Ohio is under a Stay at Home Order except for essential services. Mental Health and Addiction Services agencies are considered essential to your well-being. Ravenwood Health will stay open with the safety measures we already have in place, adding a few new precautions.
- Our Middlefield location is only open on Mondays and Thursdays, from 10:00am -6:00pm through 04/06/2020.
- We continue to ask our clients to have their sessions virtually, with the exception of serious crisis intervention.
- Client and staff temperatures are taken immediately upon entry to a Ravenwood Health facility. We are also asking health assessment questions, recommended by the Ohio Department of Health and other government agencies.
- Do you have a fever?
- Are you experiencing a cough?
- Have you traveled internationally in the last 14 days?
- Have you had contact with a person known to have COVID-19?
- Our staff is keeping a minimum distance of six feet between other team members, and our clients.
- We have discontinued most agency transportation for our clients. Transit passes and gas cards may be available.
- Our staff is strongly encouraged to work from home. We have a minimal number of team members onsite daily for emergent client need.
- Stay tuned for continued updates on our website and social media channels (VISIT HERE FOR ALL LINKS).
- Coming soon: Virtual chats and YouTube videos about mental health, substance use, and wellness in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
This virus is very serious. Our decisions continue to be based on the health and safety of our staff and clients. If you have any concerns, call us at 440.285.3568.
Ravenwood Health has modified our hours, effective through April 3, 2020*, in response to keeping our community healthy.
Main Facility** Monday – Thursday: 10am to 6pm
Friday: 10am to 5pm
Chesterland Office Monday: 10am to 6pm
Middlefield Location Monday – Thursday: 10am to 6pm
Friday: 10am to 5pm
*subject to change. Please call 440.285.3568 if you have questions.
** walk-in and emergency services
Your health and well-being, along with that of our staff members is of utmost importance. Therefore we have implemented the following protocols.
Geauga Public Health released a statement today, confirming that Geauga County has an individual testing positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19). At Ravenwood Health, we are making swift decisions and modifying our daily programs and services to keep our clients, staff, and our community safe and healthy.
- Clients are encouraged to contact Ravenwood Health at 440.285.3568 to discuss an action plan for currently scheduled appointments. Our team is laying out a plan for our clients to utilize teletherapy, for those with access to high speed internet and a computer with a webcam or phone.
- Group therapy appointments have temporarily been suspended. If you participate in group therapy, we will be reaching out to you to schedule individual counseling sessions as necessary.
- Psychiatry (medication management) is available through tele-medicine, phone calls, and some face-to-face appointments as needed. We encourage you to call us at 440.285.3568 to discuss the best treatment plan. Prescriptions will still be filled.
- If you have a scheduled visit and feel you are experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus (fever, cough, shortness of breath), we urge you to contact Ravenwood Health before you come to your appointment at 440.285.3568. We kindly ask that nonessential family members or friends who would normally accompany you to the appointment to remain home or in their vehicle.
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
What should I do if I’m experiencing symptoms?
- Stay home if you are experiencing mild symptoms. The majority of people experiencing coronavirus will have mild symptoms and will not need to see a doctor.
- Call your primary care provider. Your primary care provider will give you more information about when and where to seek in-person care. If you are experiencing symptoms, please do not come into the office unless your medical provider feels differently.
- Call before you come to Ravenwood Health at 440.285.3568.
What can I do to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus?
- Avoid close contact with sick people – a distance of at least 6 feet is recommended
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your elbow when you cough and sneeze
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds – the length of time it takes to sing Happy Birthday twice
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub
- Clean frequently touched surfaces
For all additional questions or concerns regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), check back regularly on this webpage or refer to the Centers for Disease Control, the Ohio Department of Health, or the World Health Organization.